Since opening his own academy, Jason has enhanced his reputation in the industry and his academy has quickly become one of the Asia’s finest. Granted certification as a Teaching Professional in 1999 which marked the beginning of his many recognized appointments in the golf teaching industry. Jason Tan went on the further his professionalism and attained certification as a Master Teaching Professional in 2001 (AMGTF) and in 2002 (EGTF). Having worked his way in 2002 from a AMGTF Staff Instructor and Examiner to AMGTF President for the Singapore Division. He later moved on as an International President of the AMGTF. He is also the EGTF representative for Asia since 2006.
- USGTF Certified Teaching Professional since 1999
- Singapore Sport Council NCAP Level 1 since 2008
- USGTF Certified Master Teaching Professional since 2000
- AMGTF Certified Master Teaching Professional since 2001
- EGTF Certified Master Teaching Professional since 2002
- Hank Haney Associate Instructor Level 1 since 2011
- Singapore Sport Council NCAP Level 2 since 2011
- Golf Referees Association of Singapore member since 2012
- Singapore Sport Council NCAP Level 3 since 2012
- Singapore PGA Professional ‘A’ since 2014
1999 – Current : JT Golf Academy as Director of Golf
Jason also won the Teachers’ World Cup held in Hua Hin Thailand which organised by the AMGTF and EGTF in Year 2003. He has achieved a total of 5 Hole-In-One in his golf career.
Assisting golfers of all ages to achieve their goals
- PGA of Australia member since 1975
- Classifications: Advanced Coaching, All Abilities Coach (recognised qualification to coach the disabled)
- PGA of Australia’s inaugural National Trainee of the Year, 1975
- Singapore PGA member since 1998
- 1996-98 Consultant to Grup PSP, Permata Sentul Golf, Indonesia
- Coach 1997 Indonesian SEA Games team (men’s: team gold, individual silver; women’s: team and individual silver)
- 1998-2004 Teaching Professional Tanah Merah CC
- 1998-2004 Coach, First Junior Golf Foundation
- 2004-2011 Singapore Sports Council, devise and implement an elite program (Golf Excellence Program) for national players
- 2005-2010 Coach of Singapore national teams to international events including SEA Games, Asian Games, World Amateur Teams Championships (SEA Games team and individual medals, twice Putra Cup champions, best team and individual performances at Asian Games, Nomura Cup and World Amateur Teams Championships, numerous national and state titles
- 2011Coach of Malaysia SEA Games team (men’s and women’s team bronze)
- 2011-2017 Teaching professional Seletar CC on behalf of MST Golf Singapore, Seletar Junior Golf Program
- 2012-2015 Singapore Sports School’s golf program Technical Coach
- 2013-current national coach of the Nepal national team; best performances team and individual at Asian Games, winner of regional national titles
- 2017-current teaching professional Orchid CC
- 2018-current Singapore Sports School Head Coach
- 2011 Talent identification program for the Pakistan Golf Federation
- R&A’s Working for Golf program, conducting clinics and seminars for players and coaches; Nepal, Myanmar and Iran
- Advisor to the Nepal Golf Association
Jonas has been actively involved in the sport arena for the past 15 years at school and club level. His teaching has incorporated both children and adults in social and competitive levels. Renowned for his patience, he has the ability to communicate with children in making it more enjoyable and with adults he is able to translate the technical side of the game in simple terms.
Jonas involvement in the school programme had led him to be one of the selected few that had qualified the National Coaching Accreditation Programme.
National Coaching Accreditation Programme (NCAP) by Singapore Sports Council American Golf Teachers’ Federation (AMGTF) certified since end of 2008. Singapore Professional Golfers Association (SPGA) on 2016.
I am a full accredited Member of the Australian PGA and have been teaching here in Singapore for over 20 years. During that time, I have taught thousands of people from little kids, new, intermediate, advanced and all the way up to Tour Players.
What I love about what I do, is helping my students get better and maximising their full potential so they can enjoy this wonderful game as much as I do!
Having started playing golf since 1995 and turned teaching professional 17 years later, John is certified by the American Golf Teachers Federation, a registered coach with Ministry of Education and also attended the National Standards for Youth Sports for coaching.
Since 2012, John has coached over 600 students in a short span of 3 years and has received glowing testimonials by students as an efficient, patient and approachable coach with deep passion and strong expertise in golf and its intricacies.